Friday, April 18, 2008

Medicine

When I was pregnant with Sonya I was diagnosed with a form of hypothyroidism and put on medication....for the rest of my life. I didn't like that thought and I still don't, but I do what I have to do and since I never know when I will get pregnant I never really have the chance to try to treat things with natural foods and herbs to see how it goes because I don't want to risk harming any potential babies by going off medication and doing things by trial and error :) Well, yesterday I got a call from my doctor after having a routine thyroid level check and he said I needed to increase my dose. Not something I wanted to hear. In some ways it makes sense because I have been tired and exhausted, but I just attributed it to pregnancy and taking care of the kids. I will start my new dose tomorrow so we'll see over a few days if it's making a difference. I would love for the dosage to go back down, but I think the form of hypothyroidism I have probably just gets worse over time. BUT, God does have the power to heal and if it's meant to be healed then I will gladly accept it! So far I have had wonderful pregnancies and I just ask that you pray with me that this one continues to follow the same trend.

P. S. Tax season is over and we couldn't be happier!!! It was great having Daniel home on Wednesday and knowing that we have him all this weekend. The girls (all 3 of us) are loving it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for a safe pregnancy for both you and the new baby and that if it's His will for you to be healed.

angela said...

Bummer with the medicine. Something you have to take for the rest of your life is no fun. But at least this is fixable. I'm sure you and your little one will do great! You're resting in God's hands sista!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

So glad to hear that you are expecting again. As you know I had problems with my thyroid and have to be on medicine for the rest of my life also. I had to increase my dosage also as my pregnancy went on. I'll pray that this pregnancy will be just as safe as your other two! Congratulations!

Chelsa said...

Hey Kristen~ I'll be praying for ya... THat stinks that you have to increase your dose. But you are right God can heal. I'm hoping the same thing for my prosgesterone level... that he will keep it raised naturally, instead of having to do supplements. Hope you get to feeling better SOON!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just spied through all blog and really enjoyed catching up. We do really need to get together soon. Congrats on baby blessing #3!Katie Sandoval

Kriss said...

I have to take synthroid for the rest of my life too. I actually had my thyroid removed in 2001. Not something I would want to ever do again. LOL! I am glad your being monitored for your levels though. As it can be dangerous for the baby during pregnancy if your levels are off. -kriss

Unknown said...

I was excited to hear about your new baby and sorry to hear about your medicine. I never liked having to take anything while I was pregnant ....but this last baby I had too and everything turned out fine. So I will be praying for you and new baby #3.