Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Joelle Turns ONE!

Okay....so blogger is not letting me put my pictures where I want them!! So frustrating!! I wanted to have her birthday pics first and then take a look back, but I am not starting over in a new post so here you go with birth first :)





AND A YEAR LATER WE HAVE.....
















Joelle turned one year old on Saturday!! Wow, that year sure flew by!! I told her Happy Birthday when she woke up that morning and she just smiled really big! I think she knew it was her special day. We had her party with a Winnie-the-Pooh theme and my mom even flew in to help celebrate. Joelle wore the same pink dress that I wore for my first birthday and also Sonya and Sage. I think my mom got her money's worth out of that one! We had lunch with our guests, then cake and ice cream, and opened presents. Joelle took little dainty tastes of the icing on her cake with her finger, but that's about it. I tried to encourage more, but she just wasn't going for it. Oh well, my other two weren't cake smashers either. :) She stayed in a good mood the whole time and enjoyed opening her presents and playing with the kids at her party. Some things she is doing these days.....DaDa is still her favorite word and person :), she does say MaMa some and we think we have heard something that sounds like her saying Sonya. She knows what CAT is and calls banana a nana. Joelle knows how to walk and will do it a little bit, but her preferred method of movement is still crawling. If you ask her "how old is Joelle?" she will usually hold up one finger. She also loves to dance and just learned to wave and say bye-bye. Some of her favorite foods are bananas, avocados, cheerios, and now goldfish. Definitely loves fruit, but vegetables are hit and miss sometimes. She is independent yet still loves to be around people and just adores her sisters. To read her birth story again click here.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Kristen,

To add the link:

1. Open up another window and go to the January entry.
2. Highlight and copy the address bar.
3. Come back here and highlight what will be blue underlined as the link.
4. Click on the green globe in the edit version of your entry and paste the address there.

Joelle is precious and what a great tradition with the birthday dress!

Missy said...

So cute, looks like a great birthday!! Happy 1!!!

Chelsa said...

she is way too cute! and i can't believe she is ONE already!!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful sweet girl. I wish that Madeline could hang out with your girls. She would have such fun. Happy birthday, Joelle!