Thursday, August 23, 2007

100 Things About Me

I saw this on some other blogs so I thought I would jump on the bandwagon! Here goes:

1. I grew up in Nashville, Tennessee
2. My parents still live there in the same house they bought when my mom was pregnant
3. I have been a bridesmaid 6 times
4. The last one I barely knew the girl
5. Now we're best friends
6. I love that story
7. I am in better shape now at almost 27 with two kids than I was at 19 with no kids
8. I never thought I would be jogging 2 miles at 5 am three days a week
9. But I am, and I love it.
10. I've been pregnant 3 times
11. The first one ended early
12. Sonya was born on that anniversary a year later
13. I have easy, REALLY FAST labors
14. I have the best husband in the world
15. I used to be a Child Life Specialist and work in a hospital
16. I liked that job
17. I love being an at home mom more
18. I hate the thought of cleaning
19. Doing it isn't that bad
20. If I could get past the thoughts, I would do it more often
21. I took dance classes from when I was 3 until I graduated from high school
22. If I had the money I would be taking them now
23. Before I got married my middle name was Lee
24. In high school my friends nicknamed me "Brown"
25. They thought I wore a lot of brown
26. I didn't
27. My friends went to the same college
28. The name followed me there
29. For my 19th birthday they declared it Brown Awareness Day and wore brown ribbons, dressed in brown and gave me a brown birthday party with brownies and brown gifts including brown sugar, brown lipstick, brown nail polish, a brown rug, and some other things I am forgetting, but I will never forget the brown THONG to top everything off!
30. I love ice cream
31. I eat it almost everyday when I'm pregnant
32. Daniel does too :)
33. It's great bonding time
34. My parents have been married for 29 years
35. I love them for that
36. My dad has a motorcycle
37. I love to ride it
38. My mom works for Hallmark
39. I get lots of free stuff
40. My husband taught my how to cook fried eggs
41. I like the movie Steel Magnolias
42. It makes me cry everytime
43. One day I WILL get Daniel to watch it
44. The Wizard of Oz has always been my all time favorite
45. I have been to Europe
46. I have never been to Mexico or Canada
47. My engagement was a total surprise
48. We got married in Nashville and my mom did most of the planning
49. I loved my wedding
50. I'm only halfway through my list
51. The house that I live in is the total opposite of what I wanted
52. I think God has a sense of humor
53. I had really short hair in college
54. I still like short hair
55. Daniel likes long hair
56. I'll keep medium hair :)
56. I'm more outgoing than I used to be
57. I love having people over for dinner in my home
58. I wish I did it more often
59. I need to work on that
60. I love brushing my teeth
61. I've never had a cavity
62. I look forward to getting the mail everyday
63. I have one brother, his name is Daniel just like my husband
64. My roommate of 4 years in college is also married to a Daniel
65. I like to do crossword puzzles
66. Macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite foods, it was always disappointing if we didn't have it at family gatherings with our big meal
65. I was in chorus in middle and high school and don't even know how to read music
66. My birthday is September 9
67. My brother's is September 10
68. We had some fun parties together
69. I like the fall
70. I love big sweaters
71. I don't get to wear many if at all now that I live in Texas
72. That's okay
73. I used to worry
74. I don't anymore
75. God is in control and I fully believe it
76. Sonya is named after my mom
77. Daniel came up with the name Sage
78. I don't sing in the shower, it feels silly to me
79. I had a dog growing up, her name was Snuffy, she lived to be 17
80. She's buried in my parents back yard
81. I can still do cartwheels
82. I want to go skydiving
83. I don't know how many children I will have
84. I like not having to make the decision of when, if, how many...children
85. I like to look back and see God in my life and look forward knowing He's there
86. I like to retrace my life steps to see where each road has taken me (places I've gone, people I've met)
87. I like sweets
88. Did I mention ice cream?
89. Caramel and chocolate top my list
90. I like to find good grocery deals
91. I've been wearing glasses since Kindergarten
92. I still remember going to school with them for the first time
93. I'm good at remembering people's faces and names
94. I feel awkward when people don't remember me
95. I am blessed
96. I love my life
97. I love my husband
98. I love my kids
99. What more can I say?
100. I'm done

That was really hard!

9 comments:

Kriss said...

I enjoyed reading that. We have a few things in common... I eat icecream every single day (mint chocolate chip). I love is so much that I make sure to save the calories for it daily!! The Wizard of Oz and Steel Magonolias are my all time favorite movies. I took my MIL to a bed and breakfast once and she had never seen it, so we took it along. I told be prepared to go thru a box of tissues. We not only went thru the tissues but your nightgowns were soaked with tears. I was also in chorus the same amount of time (and band, so I can read music although it's been a long while). I am not very outgoing either. but that is getting better as I am shy. Anyway, that was fun to read! Hope you have a great day! -k

Anonymous said...

Very neat info :-) I enjoyed reading about you. I've always admired and respected how you carrry yourself and I'm blessed we've kept in touch. Yours is the 4th one of these I've seen... might try it tomorrow

Amanda said...

That was fun to read! Lots of new things I learned about you! Should we start calling you "Brown" here too?! :o)

Anonymous said...

You do share a birthday with my sister. Definitely enjoy your day :-)

Haley said...

So let's make a deal before you stop nursing sage you and I are going skydiving together, so that way there's no chance of you being pregnant. and I have always wanted to go with a friend.

Lana said...

Love your 100s. My friends called me pinky in high school. I guess I wore too much pink. I think brown is a better color: )

angela said...

I enjoyed reading your 100 things. You are much more disciplined than I am to wake up so early and run. I'm jealous!

I thought of you while at Cooks, especially while my two older girls were playing in the Child Life center. Also Kristie Denny was one of our PICU nurses. She said she knew you.

I am so glad to have found you here! It's a great way to stay in touch with everyone! Feel free to check out my blog anytime!

Courtney said...

I enjoyed learning more about you!

Kelly Vaughn said...

You are funny and I love your thoughts! I really enjoyed reading every thing you had to say.Can't wait to see you again and I will make sure its' not "awkward"...because I remember you! So fun to see the pictures of you and Daniel with kids, since when we were around you, you were just dating!!
Blessings!
Kelly Vaughn