Friday, August 10, 2007

Ahh! The weekend!

I made it! I jogged another morning and just a little bit further. The soreness IS melting away! This weekend is hopefully dedicated to finding new running shoes. My current ones have GOT TO GO!

Even though my kids aren't in school I feel the school year about to start and I'm kind of glad. It will put a little bit of order back in my life. MOPS starts, Ladies Bible study begins. All the routine things that I thrive on. I am very excited about both of these things because I have taken active roles in them. In MOPS I am on the steering team leading a discussion group and helping with hospitality. Last year I was the hospitality leader and don't feel like I necessarily thrived in that position so I am hoping that I have found my niche as a DGL. I am very excited! I have also volunteered to be a facilitator in my Bible study. This will be a new experience that I hope to do well. While always wanting to do this job, I have never felt worthy enough because I have the hardest time getting my own study done! How can I lead others?? It is my hope that this is God's way of helping me buckle down to spend more quality time with Him. Even though I love the Lord, this has always been a struggle.

I love my children. They bring me pure joy. Even with all the challenges of raising a two year old I still wish I didn't have to say goodnight, turn out her light and close the door at night. Can't I just hold and kiss on her forever?? Sage is teaching me the little joys of raising a baby. I don't remember relishing them with Sonya at the time, but now as Sage does her thing it brings back memories of when Sonya was making her big accomplishments and I get excited all over again.

Well, it's been a long day and I think my brain is locking up because I can't get anything else out to say! Until next time!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Kristen...I got to your blog somehow, I'm not sure how...I'm in your Bible class at church and Elizabeth Miller's sis in law, I'm so proud of you jogging in the am, I need to start that too. Thank you for the sweet post a few down about rocking with Sage and not feeling guilty, we are going through that with Manning. He also is in the hold me phase, but our house looks like a tornado has gone through it every day!!! Priorities! Love the pics of your girls....beautiful! Good luck with the jogging.
Kylie Miller