Saturday, December 1, 2007

Life

What a lovely piece of pottery! Sonya probably painted this one pot five times, but she had fun doing it and I enjoyed watching her.
She is potty trained!!!! Yippee!!!
My big girl!! She is so much fun to watch and be around. She is weaned from nursing now and did really great, although I can tell she needs a little more snuggle time than usual.
Sisters! I love watching my girls!
Cousin Annalise came over for the evening while her mom and sister went out for a girls night. All 3 had great fun! It's funny to watch Sage when Sonya is playing with a friend. She wants to be right there with them...

I can't believe it's December!! I also can't believe that I have most of my Christmas shopping done. I'm the girl who is usually scrambling the week before! I don't have any decorations up though...
Please keep Daniel in your prayers this week...he is taking the written exam for firefighters on Thursday. He feels that the Lord has put it on his heart to be a firefighter and has applied with the city of Fort Worth. If he passes the exam then he will take the physical test and go on from there....With this job he could spend more time at home and also do something more fulfilling than what he's doing now. This also means a lot of changes for our family, but we trust in the Lord with His plans and provision.
I have just started some babysitting. I am keeping a girl from down the street once or twice a week who is a year older than Sonya. Yesterday was our first day and it went pretty smoothly. It will be nice to have the little bit of extra cash to add to the kitty :)
That's life for now! It's really starting to get busy...lots of holiday functions to attend to over the next few weeks....should be fun!!

8 comments:

Jamey said...

I've thought about babysitting to bring in some extra moolah. Keep us posted on how it goes. Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed with my own two that it would definately have to be after we settled into a better routine.

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures of the girls and great job mom on taking on extra stuff. That's wonderful that Daniel is going towards firefighting!

Also, I would love to take you up on your offer of talking.

Melissa said...

Your girls are so big! When did that happen?! They're so cute - I am really looking forward to watching my 2 girls grow and play together!

Potty trained! Doesn't that make life just a little easier! Congratulations Sonya!

I did a little babysitting when Jaycie was younger - hope your experience goes better than mine! It was nice having that extra cash! Good Luck!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

So good to see how big your girls are getting. Jared took the same fire test and said he saw Daniel from afar. I will pray good things for both of them. Thanks for the wonderful comments you leave on my blog.

Courtney said...

Thanks for the message! We have colds around here and when I can talk without sniffling, I'll give you a call!

Chelsa said...

Kristen! I haven't looked at your blog, or posted my own in forever! I hope things are going good for your family! I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner!

Chelsa said...

well your comment just made me cry!! : ) thanks though, it is very appreciated! especially the prayers for peace, that's what i want for christmas! peace in my heart about everything! i should post more often... sometimes i forget! lol

Chelsa said...

yes, that is our backyard.

brycen now says his favorite color is pink. it cracks me up, but my husband isn't laughing! haha!

princess parties are sooo fuN!! : )