Friday, February 22, 2008

Mom Confession #2

My favorite thing when making cakes, cookies, brownies, (anything with batter pretty much) is licking the spoon, bowl, beaters, etc when I am done. Now that I have children who know about these things and want them for themselves, I find it very hard to give it up!!! I guess I will be the nice mommy that I am and let them enjoy one of life's little pleasures just like my mom did when I was little. And no, I don't worry about them consuming raw egg in the batter. It didn't hurt me all these years and I'm sure they will be just fine too :)

12 comments:

Melissa said...

Very Cute and TRUE!! I always wonder, too, if people think about the raw egg in the batter when I post pics of Jaycie licking the spoons! But like you said it didn't hurt us growing up!

Kriss said...

Glad I am not the only one that licks the beaters! It IS hard sharing but oh so fun to see their cake batter faces! You look so happy in the picture! You ought to frame one of them for your kitchen. -kriss

Chelsa said...

lol, always my favorite part too! : ) brycen thinks it's way fun though as well, so sharing is how it goes i guess! : )
the pictures are sooo cute!

Unknown said...

You and your girls are too cute!!! Loved the pictures. I am glad I got to see you on Sunday.

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! And I refuse to worry about eggs in the batter. Ridiculous. Just like all the other stupid stuff "they" cram down our throats these days :) And what a sweet mommy you are, sacrificing your love of beaters for your munchkins!

Jamey said...

I rationalize licking some of the batter off so that Avery won't get too much sugar! Is that bad? Especially when I just really want a taste myself!?

That's funny that you mention the raw egg b/c just the other day, we made brownies, and it crossed my mind that maybe I should be careful. Two seconds later, we were licking the bowl!

Anonymous said...

Great memories you're making :-))

Chesley said...

That looks great! I personally think the batter to anything is better then cooked. I made cookie dough batter a few weeks ago just so I could eat the dough. I never made cookies with it.
I hope that I will be able to be as nice as my mom was and share the spoon. :)

Haley said...

Umm so you need to go to my page and find Allison and read her labor story, she basically makes your labors seem long....incredible!

Unknown said...

I love these photos! They bring some wonderful memories - only, I had 3 little ones, so I had an extra beater from an old mixer and I had to dip it in the dough so they could each have one. You are making some wonderfully "sweet" memories!
Hugs!

Amanda said...

Love these pictures! And, I'm so with you on this...love licking the beaters.

Courtney said...

Such cute pictures!